Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hair & getting rid of it

Long Locks, short skirts: Seems to be an inverse relationship between hem lengths (short) and hair length (long).  I would guesstimate that on average women's hair here is a good 8 inches longer than the average back home.... 
(yes, I was a creepy person who sneaks photos in the gym locker room - had phone on silent - but avoided capturing nudity - mostly)

Even the priest who lives around the corner from us believe in the powers of long locks......(but I guess he did not get the memo about the hem length thing)
(..looks kind of like someone from the Harry Potter book Xavier and I are reading)


Serious commitment to beauty: In the presence of all these long manes, I was increasingly aware of how out of control mine had become.  I'll blame all the chlorine...it was time for a service:


....a mere FOUR HOURS later, I emerge with a cut, new straightening treatment....

OK so there was a manicure and some waxing involved too.  The manicure was fine, but not quick.  The waxing was almost too X rated to mention (let's just leave it at they don't believe in any pesky underwear getting in the way for a bikini wax)


As someone who selects hair salons based on speed and efficiency, I'll have to get used to this investment in beauty!


Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment