Friday, April 20, 2012

Prague & airport sightseeing


I was in Prague this week for another GfK project.  While the timing was not perfect (straight from vacation), the project sounded fun and I was excited about getting to Prague……

I had visions of this side of Prague…

Unfortunately, was in this side of Prague….
...proving that ‘vanilla outskirts’ with corporate hotels & generic office parks are pretty much the same wherever you go. 

The long days kept me from seeing the city center, but using the airport as my guide, we need to go back:

Most importantly – Fountain DIET soda!!  (no diet 'on tap' in Kyiv)

But seriously, there are enough amenities at the airport, you could make a weekend of it alone:

Free Movie theater

Free Xbox station

Kiddie rides

A grocery store – with produce and fresh baked goods to rival our nicest stores in Kyiv


Real large drinks – while I don’t like coffee, I do believe in the power of ultra large caffeinated beverages (a serious ‘outage’ in Europe with their tiny drinks)……but, thanks to Starbuck’s in the Prague airport, serious volume can be had! 

Amen to that!


While I briefly fantasized about moving there, I noticed the headline on their paper and was comforted that even within the politics, we would feel right at home….

(a Parliament political boss convicted of bribery)


Happy Friday & here’s to enjoying what you can from the car window.

No comments:

Post a Comment