Monday, December 12, 2011

Hot - but not sweaty

Ukraine has a reputation (a well-deserved one, from what I've seen) for having very attractive women.  Maybe partly genetics - high cheek bones, slim builds.  But quite a lot seems effort related - thoughtful, body accentuating outfits, dedication to hair.....


It's not at all uncommon to see an outfit like this in the grocery store...


And while people at home joke about some moms being MILFs, here ALL the Ukrainian moms I have met are hot moms....




Correspondingly, most women 'below Babuska age' are seriously in shape.  (Babushka era is another topic entirely - stay tuned...) 


Anyhow, with all these hot, toned women, I expected to see fitness all over.  And while the 'Super Sculpt' class I attend is often pretty packed.....


...outside of a gym you almost NEVER see anyone working out.  

  • Joggers? - Occasionally but ONLY in relatively isolated areas of parks.  
  • Bikers? - I've seen ~3 to date - but the motivation must have been transportation desperation vs. exercise given scary 'assertive drivers' 



And when I do run to the gym, I often get gawked at & get the double-take starting from the white running shoes.  (It strikes me as funny that I am the one who stands out next to the thigh-high boot, tiny skirt crowd waiting for the 9am bus to work!)


The norm, it turns out, is to show up to the gym fully outfitted in aforementioned 'hot lady attire'.


Everyone enters & leaves looking perfectly coiffed, fully made-up and sweat free.  Hot damn -   this hot lady thing is a serious work!




So here's to bringing the sweaty to the hot!  Enjoy your day - whatever you threw on today....


    

No comments:

Post a Comment