Sunday, June 10, 2012

Random Attractions


One of the things I appreciate about Ukraine is its randomness. Every time I leave my house I generally find something "noteworthy".  Our family outings on the weekends are no exception.......

Park / 70s amusement rides: There's a big park near the kids school.  Central Park of sorts - wide pathways, tons of trees, restaurants and people with strollers, scooters and bikes. But keep walking and you come to this.....a 1970s-style mini amusement park

With some 'standard' rides...

As well as some pretty random ones...
You get inside the round floaties and run to make them turn / move & bump into each other.


Next Stop - Ostrich Farm: Just being an ostrich farm is pretty random to me.....

...and kind of creepy (but delish) that they serve all kinds of Ostrich fair at the restaurant
(| guess that IS the point of a farm - but I still like my meat to be faceless.  I had to convince the kids we were eating the 'mean ostriches' - the friendly ones got to live on the farm)

With seemingly 'industry standard' bouncy things....

..as well as some more funky trampoline things with a harness
(Q learned that if you don't bounce enough you become stranded in mid air!)

And of course some animal rides - a camel, why not?!
(OK this is a donkey - can't fool you!  Turns out Ukraine DOES have safety rules - Zoe was deemed too small for the camel.  I was too big - I think that part is for camel safety tho!)


Add in the random parks & malls with mechanical, ride-on stuffed animals....



And you have yourself random fun times!


So while our country may not make most people's "Top 10 Destinations" & certainly has its challenges, it is chop full of random fun & is never a dull moment.


Here's to enjoying the random - come visit, we promise you won't be bored!


No comments:

Post a Comment